Down grade Dell Streak 2.2 to 1.6Support

Last Updated:

1. asas

asas New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.. I have unlocked dell streak in my country : Indonesia..
    I updated it to froyo 2.2. with the : streak_309_0_00.pkg

But I dont like it so I want to down grade to 1.6..

Can you help me please..???

Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

Why would you down grade? I think at Streaksmart.com Jenn posted a way to go back if you flashed 2.2 but im not sure how it works from the official update if you can

3. asas

asas New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to down grade because I dont like the home screen.. I just need my streak for browsing internet... reading news and navigate me when Im driving...

Can you show me the jen's link.????

4. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

You might be getting confused with Stage Widgets, Remove that stage widget, and just use the normal widgets.

5. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Swype is all the reason not to go back :D I don't like the default setup either; that is why I deleted all the home widgets, etc so all I had was 7 blank pages.

Then I added Beautiful Widgets and shortcuts for Apps I use, I only use 3 of the home screens, wish I could hide all the blank ones, but I am good with it. I use the center and one to the left and one to the right.

6. DOGAmze

DOGAmze Member

I think I am a bit late for giving an idea for you ''asas'' but- I wanted to leave a comment anyways..

As I went through the forums on Android Phones I do not see any point of downgrading too.. As far as I understood your only problem was about the default ''Launcher'' application you were using..

@nb_mitch -->are you using "Dell Stage'' as your launcher? I ask this because only launcher that I know with 7 screen settings is that one..I am using Launcher Pro as my Default Launcher and it has only 3 screen settings just as you want (left-middle-right).. I am not exactly sure how much they vary on adding widgets but for me Launcher Pro is kinda good.. Not tried Dell Stage,just had a look at it for about 10-15 min, it was full of widgets as u mentioned and I just didn't try to remove them.. So just give it a try if you want.. Multiple Launcher's do not hurt this lovely device at all..

7. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I am using whatever came with the device out of the box. I might try LauncherPro. I have gotten use to the blank pages, but it can be annoying to scroll to the blank pages and then find the center again.

8. algs26

algs26 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the home button center you again?
    I use ADW to hide the bloatware in the app drawer. I also have it set for 3 home screens. Both are very configurable.