• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downgrade back to 2.2???

MRT82

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
I just updated my phone to 2.3.3 and I hate it. It's clunkier than the old one, the text message buttons are smaller, and the color scheme is ugly (why the hell can't I pick what I want it to look like? my old Sony Ericsson W810 had about 6 different color schemes to choose from... G2X has the one Google specifies and nothing more!).

How can I downgrade back to 2.2.2 or whatever it was that I had before?

Tmobile 1year
LG G2x since 1 month after relese
Upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.3
Kernel 2.6.32.9

I am trying to figure out the same thing but just for one day because I want the 1080p video. If you have the LG mobile updater for your computer I noticed that there is an option to recover your phone. If you still have the box you need the S/W version or number you can try that I haven’t yet but I might. Just so you know I don’t know what will happen so if you try do it at your own risk and if you do let me know.

Charlie

Reactions: MRT82
Upvote 0
I just updated my phone to 2.3.3 and I hate it. It's clunkier than the old one, the text message buttons are smaller, and the color scheme is ugly (why the hell can't I pick what I want it to look like? my old Sony Ericsson W810 had about 6 different color schemes to choose from... G2X has the one Google specifies and nothing more!).

How can I downgrade back to 2.2.2 or whatever it was that I had before?

Wait a few days for lots of rooting options. Or keep yourself occupied with a launcher or two? ;)

Also, I love the new look. The phone feels much snappier to me.

Reactions: MRT82
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones