Downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Wheresatom

Wheresatom Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have done a decent bit of Googling and searching in this forum for this answer. I was wondering if there was a way to downgrade from the manual update 2.2 back to the 2.1. I have been having such a hard time with my Wifi since I upgraded I just would like to be able to go back to a better working version.

I tried putting the manual 2.1 update.zip in and doing that, but it just says "error in sdcard update.zip status 2" I couldn't find what status 2 means, but I imagine in layman's terms it means something like "You can't downgrade like that dummy!"

So, I fear that I am just stuck until our update gets updated. Is that true? Thanks for your help guys. I love this forum.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

To downgrade you would have to follow the steps in this thread. Under the title Reverting to stock. The process will wipe your phone

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/136508-guide-all-things-root-related.html

3. Wheresatom

Wheresatom Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply.

By the looks of things, if I want to downgrade I might as well root my phone. We will see what my free time this weekend opens up for me.

Thanks again.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

yea its quite similar process to rooting actually

5. asterix007

asterix007 Active Member

I was having similar issues with WiFi. I experimented a little bit with my installed applications. I found that my wifi and all networking in general is solid after I uninstalled Tasker and Quick Settings. I'm not saying that you have the same issues or that these apps are faulty.. Am just sharing what worked for me..

6. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I may take mine back to stock with the update delayed now... Thx for the info..