• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downgrade from Official 2.1 to 1.5

I have been Googling/Youtubing/ everything to try and find a way to downgrade to version 1.5 so i can root my droid eris. I just found that they only way to downgrade is to have a rooted phone? so in order for me to root my phone...i need to have an already rooted phone?! my question is, is there a way to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.5? or is there seriously not a way?

If you have the OTA you do not have to downgrade just follow these steps from rooting 1.5

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

Yes i know it says steps for 1.5 stock to 2.1 root but its the same steps if you have OTA and not a leaked version.. Make sure u also check your boot loader. Power off the phone and hold vol+end, it will be listed at the top next to HBOOT if you have 1.49 you cannot root.

Upvote 0
I have been Googling/Youtubing/ everything to try and find a way to downgrade to version 1.5 so i can root my droid eris. I just found that they only way to downgrade is to have a rooted phone? so in order for me to root my phone...i need to have an already rooted phone?! my question is, is there a way to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.5? or is there seriously not a way?

IF you have the OTA 2.1, you can still root your phone. I am proof of that. I bought my phone and it had 1.5 on it. I went into settings and checked for upgrades and it downloaded and installed 2.1. I rooted my phone AFTER the OTA upgrade by following the instructions on this site:

How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated ? 06.11.2010) | TheUnlockr

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
IF you have the OTA 2.1, you can still root your phone. I am proof of that. I bought my phone and it had 1.5 on it. I went into settings and checked for upgrades and it downloaded and installed 2.1. I rooted my phone AFTER the OTA upgrade by following the instructions on this site:

How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated ? 06.11.2010) | TheUnlockr

Hope this helps! :)

FYI, please read through this thread here at AF regarding TheUnlockr:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/99216-unrootable-eris-please-help.html

(the bad (2.1 v3 leak) PB00IMG.zip file link has been fixed on their site, but some folks were unfortunately led astray)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones