downgrade from update to 2.0

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just incase i want to do it so i can get the ota update or if others wana do it for various reasons how would you do this

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I imagine factory reset is the only way

3. iamloco724

In another thread they said factory reset didnt do it atleast thats what i thought it said

4. CookieMomster

CookieMomster Well-Known Member

Factory reset does NOT work. I got a little chicken after doing it and thought it might not be the smartest decision I ever made. Then I tried to undo it,and it did not work.

5. iamloco724

Anyone know the right way to do this i think theres alot of people out there that wanna kno

6. jtraveler

jtraveler Member

Once a phone is updated officially, there is no going back unless the phone is rooted and custom roms are installed.

7. Droidn00b

Droidn00b Well-Known Member

I'm hoping I don't have to update mine. My Droid isn't giving me any real problems at the moment. Knock on wood. Hope you all get the update bugs worked out, though.

8. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

So far I haven't noticed any update bugs. Unlocking the phone is different and required a little getting used to but other than that, it seems perfect to me. I think some of the bug reports are actually with apps that were installed that haven't been updated for 2.0.1. I did notice in the last two days that quite a few of my apps had updates so I think the developers are trying to correct things.

9. mtvoelke

mtvoelke Member

10. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

11. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

well, so far you dont know how they are pushing out the updates. give it a week and see if they send it to you anyways. They probably dont scan to see if you have it already cause they assume no one does. they probably have some batch process that runs down a list of numbers with the device and forces the update on them. Even so, there is already speak of another update in 2010 that would overwrite it.

12. mtvoelke

mtvoelke Member

I don't think that's the case. I was given a choice over the air this morning. I just pulled out my phone to check a meeting time and as soon as I unlocked my phone there was a message informing me of and update and asking me if I wanted to do it. I did. Next time I'll be a little more gunshy I suppose.

13. brettlewis

Well, i know they give you the option to update it. But did you also manually upgrade it before and still get the message? thats what most people want to know. I have yet to get the notice and i DID manually update it a few days back.

14. toolfreak

toolfreak Member

I read some where today tha the droid has now been rooted so it is just a matter of time till we can flash our own roms to the device then you could technically roll back to a previous version. just a matter of time till some one figures out the process. They already figured out how to manually download and update your droid, i did it this morning since i have yet to get the update and could not wait.

15. brettlewis

root:
    Motorola Droid Rooted! | Android Phone Fans