• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade PRI and NV?

evomattnc

Android Expert
Feb 10, 2011
NC
So my battery life isnt terrific, for instance i literally watched it drop from 99 to 88 as i downloaded an app. Ok so my phone was going between roaming and not roaming like it always does while im in the office. It KILLS my battery. I was actually dl'ing roam control, seeing if that would help any.

I was reading on xda netarchy thread and it said pri and nv updates were said to be causing shitty battery life. I was wondering if I should downgrade? What the hell is nv? What would downgrading affect other than maybe giving me better battery life?

Im in my cube, i get either one bar of sprint, or one bar of roam and it always flips back and forth. I dl'ed roam control, will it matter as far as battery is concerned whether i force roam or home? I get better dl speeds on roam here. I am testing roam control out, Im using it heavily now though, i'll get something more like a baseline after lunch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones