Downgrade to 1.5 Question

Last Updated:

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to place the recovery.img in the /tools folder, it tells me that there is already a file named 'recovery.img'. Should I go ahead and have it replaced by this new one? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

I would remove the old one, then put the new one on and try that - but don't quote me on it.

3. Rossco_Pee

Wow, wtf just happened. I got to this point, pressed the volume down button and it didn't give me a chance to press volume up. It started loading something and I am now back to some version of 2.1. What the hell did I just do lol?

Step two:
    Turn your phone off, then turn it back on holding the power button (red) and send button (green). Once in the boot loader press volume down, then volume up to get to Amon's recovery image. Go to wipe, wipe dalvik cache, and do a factory reset (aka wipe data). Then choose flash zip from sdcard, and flash downgrade.zip. The phone will flash the kernel, and system softare, then ask you to reboot. Let it reboot so it can flash the radio, it will restart back in the recovery image. You can power down your phone now.

4. OUScooby

OUScooby Well-Known Member

^^^
    Having the same problem, now I can't get boot to recovery mode to load new roms.

5. Rossco_Pee

Are these directions right? Do we really turn on by send + power off buttons or do we use the power off + volume?

6. Rossco_Pee

This was posted by ouscooby in stickied thread and this is the same problem I am having. He does a lot better job of explaining, though.

I'm done with root, I can't find a 2.1 Rom that doesn't have something wrong with it that is a deal breaker for me, so back to 1.5 I go. I'd like to go back 100% stock, I'm trying to follow the instructions on page 1 on this thread but can't even get step 2 to work.
    I reboot holding the red and green buttons down to get to bootloader. It says to use the vol down button then vol up.
    I press vol down which takes me to HBoot mode, and then it starts loading images.
    When it gets done pressing vol up does nothing and it is asking me, "do you want to start update?" I can't seen to select any other option so I hit yes. It loads more images, looks exactly like the ones it just did.
    Then it starts updating:
    [1] USERDATA
    [2] SYSTEM
    [3] RECOVERY
    [4] RADIO_V2
    [5] BOOT
    It does its thing then asks me to reboot. I do and it loads up in 2.1 still.

Please help.

7. Rossco_Pee

Well, I figured out why I wasn't hearing anybody on the other end of my calls. I must have accidentally enabled TTY service under my call settings. What a relief. Too bad I didn't catch this before trying to revert back to stock 1.5. I am not able to reach the recovery screen (exclamation point appears) because of this. What is wrong here? Do I need to redo the "recovery" section of the root installation. I would really like to get back to Grdlocks Vanilla Android ROM. Thanks for any help.