Downgrade to 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. pathachiever11

pathachiever11 New Member

First of all shame on HTC for releasing such a buggy update.

After the 2.3.3 update, my phone just went weird. My camera doesn't work at all. The camera application, or any application that uses the camera shows a completely black screen. I realized this when I went go carting with my friends, and I told them I would take there a pictures. :( Never happened.

Other than that, the phone lags, and has many other bugs that come up once in a while.

I contacted HTC Support, they told me to soft-reset, I did it. Still, all the bugs are there, just all my information is vanished.

Could someone PLEASE help me out here? I have to make an android application for a client, and I have no way of debugging it.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement
  2. WhoMe?

WhoMe? Member

I had a Windows 200 box. It did everything I needed. Along came iPhone and I needed XP. I now have Android and still have a stable XP and a stable Froyo.
    Windows upgrade to XP was Vista. We all know how that turned out. Gingerbread seems to be the new Vista.
    While Windows7 seems to get good reviews I see no reason to upgrade. I have a feeling that I will feel the same about Ice Cream. Surely the fixes for Gingerbread will show up in Ice Cream but I may not have the urge to upgrade until it has been out long enough to garner a steady flow of excellent reviews. And the only because it"s free.
    I love this phone (HTC Inspire) just the way it is. Froyo, HTCSense, JuiceDefender. 37 hours unplugged with 43% battery left.:D
  3. pathachiever11

pathachiever11 New Member

You are dead right! Just like how Vista was a pain in the butt, Gingerbread is a pain in the butt. However, AT&T said they would happily do a replace at no charge. (Can you believe it??)

Either way, I would NOT recommend upgrading to Android 2.3.3.
  4. vinnie_santos

vinnie_santos New Member

Hi guys, I am really in a bad situation.

I`ve try so hard to downgrade my HTC DHD 2.3 to 2.2 for Root my device and unlock the Sim card. but i have got no sucess.
    I would like some advices What i have to do ?? I got on Command Promp! I havr got the weird Sign $. can not go foward at the point.

If some one has the resolution for that please i will be honest thank full.

Cheers