Downgraded to Stock 2.1 Will OTA come?

Last Updated:

1. rcooked

rcooked Member

I downgraded my phone to the stock 2.1 (undoing the Unrevoked root) so that I could eventually upgrade to the OTA 2.2 Froyo. I did this at the beginning of the week, and I have not received anything yet. I was wondering with the following settings if I will be able to get the OTA and upgrade to 2.2?

Hopefully, I just need to keep waiting, but so far nothing....

2.1-updte 1

Baseband Version

Kernel Version

Build Number
    1.22.605.0 CL161493 release-keys

Software Number

Browser Version
    WebKit 3.1

PRI Version

ERI Version

2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

You can manually install too ya know :)
  3. rcooked

rcooked Member

Yes, I tried the manual update and was getting an error message related to the release keys... Figured I would wait until the OTA comes. I just wanted to make sure that based on the information I typed above mine would be recognized by VZ for the OTA at some point....
  4. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

5. PSUBALL10

PSUBALL10 Well-Known Member

6. redlancers34

redlancers34 Active Member

hey, you said you downgraded? i am on 2.2 and am looking to downgrade, don't know how to root. i just want the official ota update you know. seems i find to many bugs on Help is appreciated
  7. dsb9938

Official OTA upgrade:

Sorry, replaced that to a useable link.

8. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Looking for help with this too. I also want to downgrade from the official OTA. It's just too freaking buggy for me.
  9. redlancers34

same here, any ideas anyone. i don't want to download the update from the computer. i want to downgrade and then update through the air hense ota- the official verizon update that their sending to everyone, not the manual update
  10. dsb9938

11. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

yes, I went back to stock 2.1, update was waiting for me. :)
  12. A.Nonymous

Thank you sir. Very much appreciated. Now if I can downgrade and keep from getting the 2.2 OTA update, I'll be happy. 2.2 really frakked up my phone. I'm sorry, but not able to get 3G without toggling airplane mode is unacceptable and VZW offering to just replace my phone over and over again is ******ed. I can live without a mobile hotspot and I can live without voice commands. I was very happy with 2.1 thank you very much.
  13. redlancers34

hey he says in the link that the links he posted were tooken away cuz he was a new user, anyone have them?
  14. dsb9938

I have other issues causing me to get a replacement. I will let you know if those persist after, since I have the 3G problem too.
  15. A.Nonymous

I downgraded, but the update is waiting for me. My radio issues went away with 2.1 though and 3G now works consistently. I really, really, really want to stick with stock 2.1. If I root will it block the update?
  16. dsb9938

Root, then run the update, it will fail, but it will leave you alone.
  17. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I was rooted, then downgraded for the OTA, decided to do the RUU, downgraded again to do the official, then just set it back to S-On and stock recovery becos im getting a refurb, and I just was able to downgrade from 2.2RUU s-on to 2.1 to root until i get the refurb on wednesday
  18. A.Nonymous

This voids my warranty though does it not?
  19. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm missing something here but why would some want to go to from a rooted 2.2 phone to a stock non-rooted 2.1 phone to get the non-rooted 2.2 OTA? What is the point?