• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downgrading .... easy?? (and where to get stock O/S?)

Jasheman

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all,

Finally had enough of 4.2.2, i just find myself not using the Tab 2 now as it's only good as a doorstop!! Factory reset, etc, did nothing, i have to just assume this is the best 4.2.2 will ever run (plus i don't like the moving of the on screen buttons, etc)

Is downgrading as simple as connecting via a PC, using Odin, and flashing a new stock O/S onto the Tab 2? (My tablet isn't rooted)

If that's the case, where do i go, or where is the best place, to get the previous (and latest) version prior to the awful 4.2.2? Are they country specific too? (I'm in the UK)

Many thanks in advance, i'm PC literate so don't imagine the procedure being too tricky, just more concerned about where to get the stock O/S?

Is downgrading as simple as connecting via a PC, using Odin, and flashing a new stock O/S onto the Tab 2? (My tablet isn't rooted)
Pretty much.

If that's the case, where do i go, or where is the best place, to get the previous (and latest) version prior to the awful 4.2.2?
SamMobile Firmwares

Are they country specific too? (I'm in the UK)
Country, carrier and model number (not name).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones