Downgrading help from 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. redlancers34

redlancers34 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, i have the htc incredible and want to downgrade, i am curently using this tutorial but have found some issues
    How to downgrade and root your DInc from 2.2 |
    when i try to type :adb push flash_image /data/local/
    the cmd just says error device not found when my phone is on charging and usb debuging. any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Is your phone rooted? Also, you have to have the SDK pack installed which includes adb. It will ONLY work if your phone is rooted though, AND you're phone is in "RECOVERY mode.

If so, you shouldn't have a : in front of adb. (Unless that's just a type)

Why would you want to go BACK to 2.1? Just curious.

3. redlancers34

redlancers34 Active Member This Topic's Starter

my 2.2 update.zip htc incredible is not rooted and the : in front of adb was just showing what i was typing, didn't actually put it in the cmd. Also i thought i could do this guide if my phone wasn't rooted

4. mrsean

mrsean Active Member

Has anyone here who has not rooted their phone successfully downgraded to 2.1? If so did your radio version go back to 1.x?

I would try it myself, but thanks to Froyo I no longer have a micro sdcard.:(

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

In the blog there's a link to the original thread. Check it out because some of the push commands have changed. The first one being at the point you are experiencing the problem. He's pushing Unrevoked but the file isn't linked so you'll need to get it and fill in that blank.