1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Downgrading my HTC Wildfire SSupport

1. jonathaneuk

jonathaneuk Member

Hi People,

I'm new to this forum and would be grateful if someone could help me.

I want to downgrade my HTC wildfire s its on 2.3.5 at the moment and would like to downgrade back to my old version where the lock screen was just simply slide down, also it felt much faster than this version..

Would be grateful if some one could supply be some instructions on how to downgrade if possible.

Thanks

Jonny

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

I don't it's possible unfortunately. Re the lockscreen, there are apps out there like Widgetlocker which alter the lock screen so you can stle/theme it. One of the options you can select is the previous lockscreen you had on the phone.
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know what feels slower in 2.3.5.
  4. demon82

demon82 Member

I also did mistake to upgrade to 2.3.5 and had before 2.3.3. I also think it feels much slower than the previous version and I would like to have the old lock-screen back without installing additional apps.

To answer the question what feels slow about this version: Simple sliding in phonebook or menues is minimal hanging and not working as good as before. Google Maps hanging now very much at my phone. Before I could smoothly sliding on the map. Now it's hang very often and I need to wait.

I wrote also to CS but I think we're just screwed with this =/ Damn for me.
  5. demon82

demon82 Member

Two questions:

If I set phone back to factory default I think it'll keep its firmware?

If I would have an old backup of the phone, would it be possible to downgrade firmware with that backup??

Greetings
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yeah, a factory reset just wipes the handsets data partition, meaning the ROM and software version remain intact.

Are you rooted? Do you have a nandroid backup?
  7. demon82

demon82 Member

No I dont have almost anything installed on the phone. I have it only since 1 week now and reading all the time in any forums =D But it's all still a bit confusing for me. I'm still newbie =/

I thought can't I maybe just easily manually "upgrade" with on old firmware image? I read anything about RUU-files but I didn't found anything for Version 2.3.3. But I doubt it will work that easy.
  8. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

If you're willing to do the kind of work it would take to downgrade, why not consider the rooted path? Then you would have a much smoother running phone, and still be able to keep 2.3.5.
  9. demon82

demon82 Member

Well I simply just dont know how much work would it be to downgrade the device ;) I thought maybe there would be existing an easy and simple way.

Of course you're right when it's not as easy as I wish. When you now tell me that the complete phone is running much more smoothly with rooted path (I think we're talking here about alternative firmware?) I would also consider that. At least I've an original HTC (no branding) phone ^^

What can you recommend me??
  10. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Check the All Things Root sub forum, you'll find excellent guides to get you started. Feel free to ask questions, you'd be surprised how helpful some of the members are.
  11. aliasgherms

aliasgherms New Member

Hello..
    i have 4.0.4 installed on my HTC wildfire S...i want to downgrade from 4.0.4 to 2.3...
    itz getting very slow...restarting after every hour and not playing recorded videos.also it hanging my cell..

kindly help me out from where and how to install 2.3
  12. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Root it and install a custom rom. The guide in All things root sub-forum is very easy to follow. Just read it carefully a couple of times, and take it slowly. Mine's running WildChild 3 ROM, Overclocked to 806MHz. rock solid, ALL phone's functions working and better battery life. It feels faster than my Xperia U in use too. Win.