Downgrading phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just out of curiosity, say i wanted to downgrade to the new Blackberry Bold from my Eris, would it cost me anything?

Reason being i keep having camera issues and random trackball non responsiveness

Advertisement
  2. bowerman

bowerman Guest

The bold 9650 is a much better phone than the eris. The best deal you will get is used for about $300.

3. reinert012

Grrr i was hoping to not really pay anything, im on my 2nd Eris and its all screwy now, if i call VZW will they send me another Eris or an Incredible?

I have a feeling if they send me an Eris its just going to break again.

4. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Well you could put the new eris on ebay and probably get around $150 for it, then buy something else. As far as verizon giving you anything different, it's probably not going to happen. I had that problem with the blackberry storm where it kept showing up broken. Finally after about 6 replacements I asked to speak to a manager and asked if I could get a different model phone. If the 3rd one is not right, ask to speak to a manager (call in, do not go into a store) and ask what the options are. Good luck!

5. reinert012

Im just thinking about asking for a manger today if i dont get a better/different phone.

6. bowerman

bowerman Guest

It would not hurt! Just make a note of the managers name! Good luck!