Downgrading to Gingerbread.Support

Last Updated:

1. rohitrocks313

rohitrocks313 Member This Topic's Starter

I am not happy with ICS urgrade on my Atrix 2. Is there any way to downgrade back to Gingerbread?

Advertisement
  2. dmroeder

dmroeder Member

I don't think there is.

Mine was an epic failure. The thing ran like crap afterwards. After spending a bunch of time with Motorola and AT&T, they are replacing my phone. A guy at the AT&T service center said that there are known issues with the upgrade and Motorola is working on a fix. Who knows when though.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Generally there are no non root options to downgrade

4. Floridays

Floridays Member

I had some minor issues after the upgrade, loss of ringtones, email accounts would not sync, unable to text. After calling Moto I did a factory reset which seemed to clear up the issues. Only issue now is every once in a while when I select an app on the screen the screen flips to the next page? Does not happen too often, hoping for a patch soon.

Other wise I'm happy with the new OS.

5. stormin123

stormin123 New Member

Upgraded to ICS two days ago and the phone was stuck in emergency call mode. Did a manual reset and it seemed to work after that. I let the phone sit for a while and it went back to the emergency call mode.

The good news is the phone belongs to the company I work for so I can get another one from the IT dept.