downgrading to rc29 - update fail problem, assistance needed

Last Updated:

1. austriker

austriker Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

So tonight I decided to dedicate my night to watching recorded world cup matches from earlier and rooting my phone..

I followed this site because I am looking to install cyanongen mod:

Full Update Guide - G1/Dream Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

I do not know a huge amount about modding but just a bit..

I am having PROBLEMS! I am using my macbook but booted up in windows xp so there shouldnt be any problems there. I downloaded the DREAIMG.nbh file like the site tells me and put it on the SD card after formatting it to FAT32.

Now I restart my phone using the camera and power key and then run the updater.

here is the message I get:

"DREAIMG.nbh - FAIL

BOATLOADER -
    RECOVERY -
    BOOT -
    SPLASH1 -
    SYSTEM -
    USERDATA -
    RADIO_V2

Update Terminate
    UPDATE FAIL
    "

Now I have looked for solutions online but have not found many. Also my SIM card in the phone is for AT&T, do you think this could be the issue? I looked for anyone else trying this for at&t but could not find any posts relating to it..

PLEASE HELP! Because essentially my phone is bricked right now I think because I cannot normally boot it up. It just keeps starting up in the bootloader screen..

Bootloader screen:
    DREA100 PVT 32B RUUNBH
    HBOOT-0.95.0000
    CPLD-4
    RADIO-2.22.23.02

Sep 2 2008

Advertisement
  2. austriker

fixed..

okay so for future reference to those out there DO NOT USE THE RC29 FILE FROM MY LINK

i loaded up the sd card with another file (same file) and it worked fine (although now for some reason telenet wont connect)

3. kaz101

kaz101 New Member

Hi, I'm having this exact same problem. Can you post a link to the file you did use. Thanks

4. austriker

Oh shoot dude I forgot which site I downloaded it from. I spent so many hours trying to figure this out that it all meshes together in my head.. I looked at tons of different guides from many sites. Check out xda developers forums its a solid site.. Sorry!!