1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Download 3026.prl (Latest) and Update Instructions! (Regularly Updated)General

1. Big Co. Jones

Big Co. Jones Active Member

Did you try going into QPST Configuration then Ports tab -> Add New Port and check the "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports Only" box?
    Sometimes it shows up in there.
    You just need to select the COM port the phone is on (check in Device manager under Ports->Serial Ports then properties->Port settings tab).

N3M3515

I did that but nothing shows up when i check the "Show serial and USB/QC Diagnostics Ports only", However when i uncheck it i get "COM4-USB Unknown and COM5-USB Unknown"

dont know what to do next?
  2. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. Just choose them one at time, and look for the one that fits the pattern described in the OP and continue from there.
  3. Big Co. Jones

well i guess i only have 2 choices to choose from then ... will i screw something up if i choose the wrong one? if not i will definately try it out.
  4. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Well-Known Member

First post updated with the new 3024.prl :)
  5. Scrollocked

Scrollocked Active Member

Finally decided to do this... I was running plr 03015. Worked just fine. Haven't seen any 3G yet in Pomona, California. I do spend the summers in Sacramento so I'm curious to see what happens up there.
  6. derrabe

derrabe Well-Known Member

Still not in the detroit area :(
  7. metroinphilly

metroinphilly Well-Known Member

Anybody know if there is 3g in the philly area yet?
  8. confed

confed Well-Known Member

i live in east lansdowne. no 3g here or all the way out by west chester/newtown square. better 4g service with this new update though, microcenter in radnor now gets 4g where i had no service before.

i will be trying the 3024 within a few days.
  9. Scrollocked

Scrollocked Active Member

Okay so I just updated my prl yesterday. And later that night I went to a party in Covina, California. My phone started to pic up 3G... pics or it didn't happen right?

[​IMG]

I go to try out the internet, and it says I'm having connection issues with my network. Has anyone else experienced problems while running on the 3G?
  10. KijBeta

KijBeta Member

It worked nicely thanks :)

only issue was finding the port my phone was connected to. It looked the same as the others listed as unknown. I looked in device manager under ports and it listed my samsung modem with (com6) notation. so i selected that one and the next screens all looked good. and it worked flawlessly from there.
  11. Kaiser17

Well its because the 3G there is very spotty, and you don't have any bars so it wasn't a strong enough signal to allow data transfer and allow you to get on the internet.
    You're welcome. Glad it worked for you :)
  12. ddloco

ddloco Member

PHP:
    well guess what man you are going to read the instructions and feel confidant that you are following them without skipping anything you will be fine and so will your phone look at my pic in CALI useing 3024prl man its like christmas CAME early.
    CAP201110100547-1.jpg
  13. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Well-Known Member

Anyone knows if I 3G is available in or around Dallas (Richardson, Plano, Frisco).
  14. revogozoom

revogozoom Well-Known Member

It sure is.
  15. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Well-Known Member

Thank you all 1000x . I am getting 3G in my office in Dallas. The 4G abomination is finally out of my phone.

Kaiser17 if you can copy your instruction on how to permanently turn off 4G to the first post that will be great :)
  16. Kaiser17

Dont forget to click the "Thanks" button if you guys find something useful :D

And sure, I have added it to the first post :)
  17. Kaiser17

Nice, your 3G signal looks strong. I only get about 1-2 bars on 3G but at-least it stays and doesn't go away so im happy.

If I do turn on 4G however, I get full bars. But I never use 4G.. battery life over 4G anyday lol.
  18. Big Co. Jones

guys this is frustrating I am following these directions step by step with no success... I do notice when i open qpst configuration and click on ports tab it shows status as waiting? does this mean im not connected? ... I really would like to force this prl already im still on 3019 :(... please help this sux
  19. Big Co. Jones

i really would like to know how kewlkid installed as im also in Hialeah and would like to have the 3G working as well.
  20. Kaiser17

What part are you getting stuck on? Are you sure you have the right port?
  21. ddloco

ddloco Member

okay i know this is off topic but can every one that reads this click on the op thanks button if you dont have 3g yet just keep watching the op you never know your 3g just might kick in thanks guys
  22. 4saken1

4saken1 Active Member

I am having an issue with step #'s 3-4. When I select Modem, my computer doesnt recognize the mass storage so I cant connect to phone. I have tried 3 different computers, all with different OS. If I dial **28784 and under USB options and choose PDA, it gets recognized instantly. Please help show me what I am doing wrong :( And thanks for your many wonderful , educational, posts Dr. Cullen!!

****Side note, I tried switching the USB option to Modem while connected to computer and it instantly drops off of the My Computer, where it shows my "mass storage device" I have tried everything I can think of and have spent the better part of 5 hours trying to get it to work. I have no 4G in my area, the colsest is about 20 minutes away, so I am extremely anxious to get the 3G to work, since everyone around me has full 3G signal here.

***************NVM.... I figured it out! I am an IDIOT! I wasnt aware that the computer didnt need to show the storage device while the USB settings were on Modem. I just went through all the steps anyways and My PRL is UPDATED!!! Whoot! Thanks Soo much, now it is time to go see if I got 3G up in Cartersville, Ga. I will post back letting you know!!! THANKS AGAIN SOO MUCH!!! I appreciate all you guys/gals do for us Indulge users! Its nice to be able to modify a $350 phone to get more use outta it! Much love to u all! <3 <3 <3
  23. Big Co. Jones

ok now im feeling like a real idiot! im all the way through step 9 but i get no "COMXX-USB/QC Diagnostic" I have to uncheck "USB/QC Diagnostic" in order to see a "COM06 or COM07" port ..now once i decided to uncheck the "USB/QC Diagnpstic" box and the 2 ports showed up I chose (COM06) I proceeded to step 10 "start clients"and opened Service Programming then step 11 (i cannot click on the new phone selection window) it is stuck on work offline and I cannot seem to figure out how to change (The work offline tab shows many FFA lines) dont know which to choose and i cant choose "read from phone" ...frustrating is an understatement at this point!!!! ...if someone would be willing to help me through this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
  24. 4saken1

4saken1 Active Member

If you download TeamViewer 6, I am sure one of us could remotely help you? I would be more than willing, but I have alot going on tomorrow and I am not sure when I can get on. If you dont have it figured out by tomorrow night, say 9ish, send me a PM and I will be more than willing to try and help you out. I successfully did it on mine, 4 of my friends (after I figured out where I was going wrong), then I did my Father's/Mother's/Wife's LG Optimus M phones!
  25. Big Co. Jones

I would truly appreciate that ... I will stay in touch