Download error when I try to downlad from liveTips

Last Updated:

1. marvinlh

marvinlh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Download error when I try to download a mix tape from livemixtapes.com......does any one kno wat da problem may be?

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing its because its hosted on file server hosts, such as rapidshare, megaupload, etc. And every download slot is different, and most of the time they don't work on mobile browsers.

Maybe try changing you're browser settings to desktop, or try another browser like skyfire, or maybe Opera. I remember trying to download rapidshare files on windows mobile, I always had to use the crappy IE to download vs my usual browser Opera Mobile.

3. marvinlh

marvinlh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Swichin to desktop didint work, opera or skyfire didnt work either...da only browser that let me download da mix tape is xscope..but when I downloaded it, it was saved to my phone as a zip file...and I dnt kno wat that supposed to mean

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

That means it's in a compressed archived format, meaning you have to UNzip it. Download the app called "ASTRO file manager," and locate the file, then tap and hold the zip file, and click extract.

Here's the QR code, scan it with google goggles and click "view in android market"

[​IMG]