Download error when receive picture messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I get a picture message it says download error. I am able to retrieve the picture but I have to open my message app and see who sent me a message. I am unable to access the message via the notification bar. I am using the stock messaging stop. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I just got an MMS the other day with a photo and had no issue opening the message from the notification bar, then clicking on the photo & downloading it. I just wish I could elect where to download it to specifically. I also use stock message.

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I've been having the same thing happen. Weird.

4. bulld0ggg

bulld0ggg Active Member

I have had the same issue but I'm using Handcent....I would say 95% of the time the come through fine....but when they get the error it can take 5 or 6 tries before it will download successfully

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

5. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I have this problem as well. I didn't have it when I first got the phone, but after a while I noticed it. I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if maybe cleaning out my older SMS and MMS messages would fix this. Anybody try this already?

6. NBbomar

NBbomar Active Member

Mine and my wife's incredible both do this as well. Not only when receiving but also when sending. The picture goes through usually and we can get it usually...but it is a pain to have to clear the error everytime.

Handcent app BTW. Does it in stock also.

7. dane_addict

dane_addict New Member

Mine is doing the same thing. I've only had it for a week, but what I've figured so far is: If set to store on phone memory, pics WITHOUT text will download automatically. Pics with text are manually downloaded. If set to SD storage, ALL pic messages are manually downloaded.

I would love to find out if anyone has figured a way to auto download all messages, especially when using Sd card for storage.