Download folder in storage helpGeneral

1. TheGrazer

TheGrazer New Member

Hi guys. Hope someone can help. When i view my storage menu option, it tells me there is 1gb worth of memory in my download folder, yet when i go into that folder there is nothing? Can anyone help as this is taking up too much room. Also is there any way of keeping on top of my cache i.e. an app that deletes the files on its own rather than manually? Hope you can help.

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums TheGrazer! :)

It could be that your firmware is misreporting your storage. Which model and firmware of S4 do you have. See #1.2 and #1.3 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? on how to obtain these. If you long press on, "Downloads", in Storage it should show you what is occupying that 1GB unless this feature has been disabled on your particular firmware.

Your, "Download", file is usually located at, "/mnt/sdcard/download", and you could navigate to it using the built-in file explorer.

You could try installing Clean Master - Free Optimizer, free from the Play Store, and use it to clean any junk files. However, be very careful if you use any of the advanced features.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

My favourite tool for finding out what is filling up my space is DiskUsage, which is free in the Play Store.

I also second ironass' suggestion that you try CleanMaster.