Download LAYARS for the HTC Hero - AMAZING

1. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

I'm in the US and just installed this about 30 minutes ago. Been playing with it ever since and thought I'd share it with any of you that haven't installed it. I've started using a bit of Augmented Reality for work and finally got a chance to check it out with Layars on a phone....absolutely amazing!

Advertisement
  2. aznfreekx2

aznfreekx2 Member

just read up about it. looks like a really cool app! how much does it cost?
  3. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

4. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

Wikitude does pretty much the same thing though. :)
  5. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

I've got it in the UK? Search the Market for 'Layar' and it should come up.

Nice app, bit gimicky though; BrightKite doesn't come up with anything near me, but Wikipedia does.
  6. Jace

Jace Member

Try searching for "Layar" in the Market. I'm in the UK and have got it. Looks like the start of something that will become really great.
  7. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Yep, searching for "Layars" gives no results, "Layar" brings it up in the UK fine.
  8. FADviral

FADviral Well-Known Member

That looks amazing. I'm just installing it. I love these point and identify apps. The Google SkyMap app turned me into an annoying drunk astronomy expert outside the pub last night. xD
  9. Plexus

Plexus Well-Known Member

WOW.
    This is as cool as it gets.
  10. mcyates

mcyates Well-Known Member

pretty good isn't it :D
  11. FADviral

FADviral Well-Known Member

It is *incredible*! I have just identified every pub within a one mile radius, and it even indicates when I'm incapable of walking in a straight line.

Hic. [​IMG]
  12. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Oops! Got it now, thanks!
  13. hatch

hatch Member

I downloaded this app about a week ago and I agree...it's pretty bloody good.
    I can't wait for more Layars" to be added as it'll be interesting to see how people want to use it.

I can think of a number of uses right now...ok i'm off to Dragons' Den to turn them into cash!
  14. vman77

vman77 New Member

I have just dl this application for the hero in the U.k.
    There's a good review about it on bbc click (can watch it on bbc i player)