1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support download mms with wifi

1. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

i can only use 3g to download attachments? i tried using wifi and click download it doens't do anything

Advertisement
  2. MJC UK

MJC UK Well-Known Member

Can you expand on this, im not clear what the situation is...
  3. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't think you can use Wifi to download an MMS, someone correct me if I am wrong, I have never had this work on any phone I have had Wifi on, and this is the 3rd. I always had to use my Data package, which includes 20 Picture messages per month.
  4. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

Do u know why is that? Internet is internet why does it matter how i connect
  5. KTP

KTP Well-Known Member

MMS come through the cell network, not the internet which is why they wont come through on wifi
  6. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

Yes but the attachment is not from cell network is it
  7. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

I know this is annoying m8, but I think there is nothing you can do about it. In my view, you should be able to get your mms through wifi.
  8. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? You don't pay for the MMS you receive from other people. You only pay for the ones you send.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Of course it is. MMS is a cell network service, so any attachments to an MMS can only be downloaded via the network.
  10. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

i dont pay to receive mms, but i have to pay to see wut's in it
  11. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

That's correct. It's always been that way. This cannot be the first MMS equipped phone you've owned, so it should come as no surprise. :D
  12. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

so i have to pay to send mms, and i have to pay to buy data?
  13. ironass

As I said in my previous post, it has always been thus.

Why are you so surprised now! :D
  14. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

it's my first smartphone i never had data before it was mobile internet
  15. ironass

Same thing! :D
  16. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

i don't think i could send mms thru non smart phone
  17. ironass