• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root download mode problem

Thanks for replying
But i m wondering y my phone cannot detected by odin
i wanna install cwm

Have you installed drivers for your phone?

If you have installed Samsung Kies, you should have drivers, but there is a stand-alone driver package, check out this, in XDA, from THE-E, it is for flashing Firmware with ODIN, but as is shown in that thread, the process is the same.

As seen in the thread, you also need Ancora.OPS and the Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe....they are linked.

Also, make sure that you have the correct Recovery, it can be downloaded here....

There are two versions, one can be flashed with ODIN...[recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-ancora.tar.md5]......

The other can be flashed with adb, or Terminal Emulator....this is a simpler process, but somewhat more risky!!! ......[recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-ancora.zip].....you also need to unzip this, it is not a Recovery-Flashable package!!!

If I can help any more, come back please, there may be a delay, cos I don't check in here as much as before my dispute with a certain Mod here, and lack of response from the Forum owner!!!

Don't worry, nothing to do with you at all, that's just the reason!!!!

Reactions: ngbbank
Upvote 0
my phone has kies air originally
but when i plug in my phone which is in download mode
my computer said that 'The device driver was not successfully installed'

Kies Air does not install drivers for phone...it is just for wifi connection to PC to share music, pics, video, etc.

You need to install drivers on your phone... I gave you links in my other post, either install Kies [not Kies Air]...or the stand alone driver pack..

Reactions: ngbbank
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones