download mode

Last Updated:

1. xeni0o

xeni0o Active Member This Topic's Starter

I usd to be abpe to access download mode after i upgraded to cognition but now that i am running stock 2.1 jha7 i am unable to get into download mode to flash my phone using odin so i can send it back to att since the wifi is not working. Is this blocked by att or is my phone messed up?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

So, you've unplugged the USB from the phone,
    launched Odin,
    removed battery, SIM and SD cards,
    replaced the battery/cover only,
    and held volume up/down while connecting the computer via the usb,
    all while avoiding the power button, and then nothing happens?

3. xeni0o

Exactly and all i get is the battery charging icon. If i continue to hold the volume buttons windows trys to install drivers but fails since it cant find them even though they are installed.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

ive heard of a few not going into download, but just to make sure, you hold down both volume buttons before plugging the usb in from your computer

also make sure you use the cable that came with the phone. people say the ones sold from att can not be used as a data cable and thus wont put it into download mode either

5. xeni0o

Yea i am using the cable that i have always used and one other thing that i found online researching is that my phone is a 1008 and according too what a person says this model has it disabled but i was able to access recovery after i had flashed cognition.

Thanks for the help so far.

6. xeni0o

So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to cognition again. To my suprise I was able to get into download mode by holding the VOL +/- and plugging in the USB cable. I just finished recovering the phone to stock JH6 and download mode is not available either with JH6.

7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

now that you mention that it seems familiar that it was disabled in some phones. im thinking there may be a fix you can get from xda if you google it or something, i would recommend doing that and making a nandroid backup with it fixed

8. Ferrarri

Ferrarri New Member

I was trying to get my phone into download mode to upgrade to android 2.2. I found that the instructions say to insert usb after holding down vol up and vol down. The key is to remove the battery, reinsert it, hold down vol up and down at the same time, WHILE inserting the usb cable. Hope that is helpful.