Download the latest Kies MANUALLYTips

Last Updated:

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Do not rely on "check for updates" in Kies itself. This only gets invoked on an actual version number change. This isnt unreasonable I hear you ask, but curiously, Samsung update kies quite frequently WITHOUT bumping up the version number. :confused:

For example, the current version is 2.0.31182_152_4 (Sept 29th) This means this is the FOURTH version of 2.0.31182_152, so its worth a manual check.

So my advice would be to log into the samsung website every few days or so to check manually.

Now this is the "interesting" bit.
    Since I installed the _4 version above, I've not had a single connection drop out on my PC. Previously, I would be lucky to get 20 minutes out of it without giving up the ghost. It's early days I know, but if more of you can give this version a try, it will be interesting to see how its performing.

Note, I uninstalled Kies FULLY before installing this latest build. See guide here (if you dont do the ccleaner part, then at the very least run the uninstall.exe in the usb drivers folder after uninstalling.

Advertisement
    andro bill likes this.
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I thought this thread would would have triggered a little more response being related to such a huge problem for many :confused:

UPDATE:
    Since installing 2.0.31182_152_4.exe, I have not experienced one single USB connection drop out all day in both MTP and Mass Storage modes

Appreciate if a few more of you could verify if this is just me, or if Samsung have finally nailed their drivers problem?
  3. sam142000

sam142000 Well-Known Member

The latest version i.e. 2.0.31182_152_4 still isn't detecting my phone in the firmware upgrade settings.
  4. sam142000

sam142000 Well-Known Member

Is it normal that whenever I connect my phone to my pc it always installs the drivers again?
  5. samsun

samsun Member

Re-installed key but when i plugged in the phone it failed to find the cdc-serial and Samsung_android drivers, how do i fix that.

thanks