• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

download the latest swype?

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
I still don't understand why it's resricted to post download links for software that's free in the first place (while it's still in beta). I can understand applying this rule for paid apps and software where the developers would actually lose out on sales for sharing sofware on here, but there's no negative affects for sharing an open beta app that's free for anyone to participate in.

Fortunately for me, I got in on the beta while it was open so I don't have to worry about it. Just Google around, OP. I had no probs finding the .apk before the beta opened up (again) last June.

Upvote 0
I still don't understand why it's resricted to post download links for software that's free in the first place (while it's still in beta). I can understand applying this rule for paid apps and software where the developers would actually lose out on sales for sharing sofware on here, but there's no negative affects for sharing an open beta app that's free for anyone to participate in.

Fortunately for me, I got in on the beta while it was open so I don't have to worry about it. Just Google around, OP. I had no probs finding the .apk before the beta opened up (again) last June.

Technically it's a closed beta meaning that they give it to whom they want and it's not on the market.... :)

The rules are in place so that AF can stay open. I know that the last thing I would want to happen is for the forums to get sued over a silly .apk! I like this place :D

Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone that Swype does not explicitly or implicitly condone the unauthorized copying and distribution of the Swype software and to inform you that the Swype software is proprietary to Swype, Inc., is the copyrighted work of Swype, Inc., and Swype, Inc. has and always will reserve all of its rights.

Source: Swype Official Response to Downloadable Versions

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
So you got a thing for Hit Girl? :p.

images

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones