Download unsuccessful

Last Updated:

1. beezer123

beezer123 Member This Topic's Starter

Now I'm no noob with android having owned a milestone for the past 6 months. I got the Desire on contract upgrade and have just booted it up.

It appears that it only wants to download some applications with most kicking back a "Download Unsuccessful" including some that I have purchased before.

I am running 2.1 -update 1 right out of the box

software number 1.19.161.5

I've tried a factory reset with still no avail.

I'm trying to download it using my wireless router which I'm sitting right beside so signal is no problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I've just got that from the Market too on anything I wanted to install, installed fine this morning, there's been some problems recently with the Market so most probably related to that.

Bit drastic to factory reset wasn't it? :D

3. beezer123

Only took the phone out the box set it up and wanted to download my old favourites from my other android phone so never really lost anything at all. ;)

4. rosboy

rosboy Member

I've just had this problem on several apps...that's why I came on here to check if there was any chatter about it.

As Gibbs1984 said, there have been problems with the Market in the past day or two (which I believe is very unusual). It should be back up shortly.

5. beezer123

Fingers crossed need to get my world cup fotmob app back on. Might just find the .sdk and install it that way. haha

6. beezer123

Panic over. Market appears to kicked itself in the arse and is working for me again. For how long though is another story.

7. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yep, seems to be working again.

8. Schizzy

Schizzy Member

it does that occasionally for me, but i just tell it to download again and it works everytime so far, maybe try that before a factory reset?:p

9. beezer123

I tried for at least 20 minutes to download many different apps and it wasn't working. Good to know it's a market error rather than the phone.