Download unsucessful!?Support

Last Updated:

1. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just got my desire today and updated to froyo (vodafone) and have downloaded quite a few apps. Now when im trying to download from the market downloads are starting but just end up as "download unsucsessful"

Ive tried this on 3G & wifi & rebooting the phone with no luck

Is this a known problem?

Advertisement
  2. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Doing the same for me at the moment. Maybe servers down, I don't know.

Markhypnos likes this.
  3. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

Me too, there was a thread in the application forum about it yesterday, looks like they've been having problems on and off for a day or two now.

EDIT: Keep trying, I finally downloaded Chrome to Phone (all 88KBs of it!) after about 20 attempts!

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

yep, me too for the last few days.

Markhypnos likes this.
  5. minnnt

minnnt Member

yeah mine is doing it on wi-fi and orange. probably the market having a few problems.

Markhypnos likes this.
  6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

also, mine has twice shown updates available but when i try to get the download its failed, only for the update to disappear from the list as if the update was never there.

Markhypnos likes this.
  7. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ahh, thanks :)

I recall now I had a problem with downloading an app on my galaxy the other day. Ive now managed to start the download for the mario live wallpaper, 10 mins and counting over wifi. Glad to know its the market and not the phone, loving the phone I didnt expect such a big jump from 1.5 to 2.2

8. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

It's been happening to me for the last few days aswell,if you clear the market cache before you go to download or update it should work,at least it has for me.Getting pretty tedious having to do it every time though.

Markhypnos likes this.
  9. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Happens frequently since updating to 2.2 more often when I try to update all. Would be nice if Android at least rolled back to your last installed version rather than just wiping it out when the download fails!

Markhypnos likes this.
  10. CuppaChoc

CuppaChoc Member

Mine not working for 2 days now (FYI, did my froyo update weeks ago) so hope it's a market problem.

11. kellyh33

kellyh33 New Member

A friend tride sending me a photo so i could use it for his contact picture and when i tride to download it I got the Download unsuccessful message ... can anyone tell me how to fix this?

12. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Hi kellyh33, and welcome to AF :)

How did they send it to you? We need to know a bit more in order to suggest solutions.

If it was a picture message it might be to do with image size, but I never use MMS so am not much good at debugging that.

Since there are many ways of sending a picture (MMS, bluetooth, email, various cloud services) there's always the option of just trying a different method, but I understand that it's better to fix the problem.