• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download was unsuccessful error

I installed Leedroid, but for some reason, whenever I try to install apps, it says download unsuccessful just after it says starting download.

I've tried pretty much every effort posted previously, from deleting market cache, deleting cache from anything I feel could be remotely related, unmounted and remounted sd card, restore factory settings, even reinstalled the rom from recovery mode after wiping it.
Nothing is working! It's been like this since last night, at first, it would attempt to download my 20-30 apps at once, install a few, but then stop working after that. Now it seems to not be able to install anything.

HELP

Delete the android_secure and LOST.DIR folders from your SD Card, reboot and that should solve it.

ok will try, i restored factory settings and added a different gmail account, and it worked, but I lost my paid for apps. Hopefully this will fix it, unless there is a way to transfer paid apps to a different gmail account?

Edit: I'm not sure if that will work, because I've tried downloading apps while my sd card was unmounted and I didnt have any luck.

Upvote 0
unless there is a way to transfer paid apps to a different gmail account?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Edit: I'm not sure if that will work, because I've tried downloading apps while my sd card was unmounted and I didnt have any luck.

No harm in trying it anyway.

Reactions: hakz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones