Download Youtube Videos?Support

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I remember clicking on a youtube video and having the option to download. However, I haven't been able to replicate that, now it will just take me directly to the video streaming. Help?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Could be one of two issues.

1) You are using the stock YouTube app. That app only plays videos and doesn't give you the option to download.

2) At some point when you were asked to download or play a YouTube video, you checked "Use by default for this action" and then tapped a video player. So now, your DROID is defaulted to just play the video instead of asking you if you want to download OR play the video.

Try this: Using the browser on your DROID, go to YouTube.com and tap on a video and report back what happens. Remember: Do NOT use the stock YouTube app to do this.

3. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

or get the app i MOVIES and perform the same function.

4. DaygosDankest

When clicking on a video at youtube through the browser it takes me to the video's page like on a pc and tell me I don't have flash player installed.

I am thinking I selected the use by default option. Is there a way to reverse this?

5. DaygosDankest

I uninstalled the dolphin browser and downloaded it again. That fixed the problem, although I am sure there is an easier way of doing so.

6. DaygosDankest

Alright, the problem was: I had youtube.com set to load as if it were on a desktop as opposed to a touch screen. Solved my own problem thx for the help anyway.

7. ram2828

ram2828 New Member