Downloaded Apps Don't Show UpSupport

1. write2doug2

write2doug2 New Member

I downloaded the Yahoo Mail App. It downloaded fine and I was able to open it from the notification screen where it showed it had been installed. But in looking through all the applications, it isn't there. I go back to Market and it says it is installed. I can open it from there. I deleted it and redownloaded it and have the same problem. The Yahoo App button doesn't show up anywhere. I had this happen with another App about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Moving this to the Epic section as I'm assuming this is on the Epic (per your other thread)?

Try rebooting the phone and see if it shows up.
  3. lirwin

lirwin Member

I have exactly the same problem. Although the downloaded Yahoo Mail app appears in the Market under "My Apps", it does not appear on my phone nor in my settings under "Manage Applications." I can only access the app through the Market or when I receive a notification from Yahoo.

I tried rebooting and also reinstalling the app.
  4. dangerdat

dangerdat Active Member

It is a Google sync issue. Try adding or updating your gmail account (or youtube account) and it should work after that. Weird, right?
  5. lirwin

lirwin Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not work. This has only happened with the Yahoo Mail app. Strange.

Any other suggestions would be appreciate.
  6. mhackl

mhackl New Member

I'm having the same problem with the same app.Mine cam e after a "Factory Data Reset"
  7. zzzehar

zzzehar New Member

Anyone found a solution to this? I am facing this same problem today. I can open Yahoo Mail via market or notifications but doesn't show up in applications [Motorola Defy 2.2]

Edit : Found the solution to this. It shows up as 'Mail' in applications with 'Yahoo' icon in blue color. Maybe we were all hunting towards the end of alphabatical order with 'Y'.
  8. hotdotdog

hotdotdog New Member

This is a Yahoo problem. I hope they are addressing this. The only way around this right now is to install the Yahoo Inc. app instead. That will let you place a shortcut on your desktop and you can access email from there.