• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help downloaded files taking up too much storage

Brand new S4, barely anything on it yet and have a 32gig extsd. My phone says there is not enough storage and apps may not run properly. Looking at my storage, it says I have 7.7gigs used for 'downloaded files from the Internet'. When I select that tab, there's nothing there. How can I find these files delete or thin them out?! I've searched everywhere!

Thanks

Brand new S4, barely anything on it yet and have a 32gig extsd. My phone says there is not enough storage and apps may not run properly. Looking at my storage, it says I have 7.7gigs used for 'downloaded files from the Internet'. When I select that tab, there's nothing there. How can I find these files delete or thin them out?! I've searched everywhere!

Thanks

Try opening "My Files" (yellow manila folder icon)
navigate to Device storage
Scroll through the folders and look for Download
open it and check what's in there that you downloaded and can get rid of......

To delete a file, longpress on it and select the Delete option, or if there are a lot you want to remove, tap on the checkbox on the left side of the filename and when you're done selecting, tap the trashcan on the top right...
They'll be deleted for you pronto!
Good luck and Aloha!

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones