Downloaded Songs Out of Order

Last Updated:

1. supersix

supersix Member This Topic's Starter

When I download music from my computer (PC) to my motorola droid the songs for each album are put in alphabetical order rather than the original album track order.

I don't see an option to reorder them any other way.

Could this be happening because of the download method I use? I'm using Windows Media Player to save from CD to PC, then copy and paste onto my SD card.

Advertisement
  2. supersix

supersix Member This Topic's Starter

I figured it out. The songs didn't have track numbers at the begining of each song title.

3. Dyetta

Dyetta New Member

Why, for the love of God, is the original cd track order, NOT the default/preferred setting when synching from Windows Media Player?!

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

assuming you're talking mp3s, the id3 tag track numbers are the primary sorting criteria (afaik anyway), so the filenames shouldn't come in to play as long as the id3 track numbers are supplied

5. ColHavoc

ColHavoc Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue. All my songs have the ID3 tag into sorted for track#, works fine that way in WMP and iTunes, but as soon as I transfer them to my Milestone, it goes by alphabetical order using both the default music player and mixzing. Not sure what to do to get the order by tracks like it was on my iPhone. This is one thing that bothers me on my Milestone.

6. Dyetta

Dyetta New Member

ColHavoc- Try this: Manually rename each track in your WMP synch list, and put "01", "02", "03", etc. in front of each track.

7. ColHavoc

I agree that it would probably work, the point it I shouldn't have to do that. I would think that the music player should read off the ID3 tags if it here available.

Maybe i'm just being picky but that's my 0.02 on the matter.

8. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i'm guessing wmp and itunes do something unorthodox to your audio files (why would you wanna use those awful apps anyway?)

try opening, modifying and saving a few of the problematic files in mp3tag or something similar and see if they'll show up properly on the phone's music app after that

9. ColHavoc

I gave your suggestion a try, and while it did populate all the MP3 tags (the tag for track number was already filled out correctly) it still displayed the songs alphabetically.

10. ColHavoc

Well, finally had some luck with this. I tried yet another music program (TuneWiki) and it read all my ID3 tags correctly and actually had my tracks in order, i'm impressed. Just contemplating on whether or not I want to spend the 4.99 to remove the ads....

11. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

make sure you're saving the files as id3v2.3 and not id3v2.4 in mp3tag

i just checked an album on my phone that has inconsistent filenames and they do show in the correct order (by track number, not alphabetically) in the stock music player (running donut)

12. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Having this problem on my incredible, Can someone give me a few hints as to how you save the file with the correct tags. all info seems to be correct, do i need to remove and read the album to the phone?

Thanks!

13. ole77

ole77 New Member

I downloaded the app mixzing. Opened it up and my songs were in the right track order. No editing, no retagging. Nice.

14. VonderV

VonderV New Member

Indeed. The problem seems to be with the format of Tag selected. Mp3tag lets you choose between different tag formats.

Simply batch save all your MP3s using IDTagv2.3 ISO, not UTF. This solved the problem for all my MP3s.

15. Lobbyesiqa

Lobbyesiqa New Member

This problem is also happened with me.