Downloadfile.apk

1. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

I deleted several of these off my cache and keep getting them, is there some kind of update trying to push through right now? If anyone wants the file let me know, it has to be from today, and I have no clue what it is.

Advertisement
    kope1233 likes this.
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

if it was an OTA update it would be in zip format. so i dont think it is. maybe an app update?
  3. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Do you have the new market installed? If not it's probably that.
  4. Cjohn8792

I updated the market like a week ago. Why would an app be rejecting an update?
  5. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

What is the new market update?

how do you know if you got it or not?

I am running Velocity .3 and Overclocked at 729
  6. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Then you don't have it.
  7. motorsport226

lol, also swc, go to the app info in settings/applications/manage apps and see what version it is. It should be 2002012 for the new one...or open up the market, is the bag icon 3D or flat? If it's 3D then it's the old one.
  8. Cjohn8792

I am still getting these stupid updates, even after formatting my phone to a backup. I have no clue which app it is and i can't figure out my maps version, but I followed the directions to update the market so I dont think thats it.
  9. swc2001

Well it says I am running version 1714 I think and I have the 3D bag.

Soooo How do I get the new market? Do I need it? What does it do?

I just went back stock and took the update. I now have ZVC

However I flashed my Nandroid back to velocity.

So thats where my phone is at the moment.
  10. motorsport226

Download from here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

After it's downloaded, find the file in your SD, press on it and hit open app manager, then install (assuming you're using ASTRO).
  11. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

12. motorsport226

You can't uninstall the market from settings/applications, it's a factory app that has to be un-installed via terminal/shell. I'm sure you can uninstall it using a root-access file manager as well. However, uninstalling the market produces some un-desired results.

You don't need to uninstall the market, the new one is an update of the old one, it's applied over whatever version is already in place, just like any other app.
  13. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

I agree with motorsport. there's a lot of unknowns when messing with google proprietary stuff....gTalk anyone?
  14. swc2001

15. motorsport226

Not really, just a new radio. You may notice a better signal.
  16. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

oops sorry...

I had problems with just installing the new one over the old one (probably because I don't have Astro [it stopped working for me for some reason]) I had to get help here which also has the link for the new market. I ended up using the old market to download an app called tAttachApkInstaller which can install (and I guess update) apks attached in emails. I used it to install the apk that someone in the thread emailed me.
  17. swc2001

Wait a minute I thought this was a new Market not the new radio from the update zvc???

I installed this new market.... nothing Remarketable about it so far.
  18. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

There is now a separate tab for comments, an "Update all" button in the downloads section, and an "Allow automatic updating" check box on apps you've already downloaded. Also, you can mark comments as "Helpful", "Unhelpful", or "Spam"
    swc2001 likes this.
  19. motorsport226

Sorry, wrong thread, lol.

The new market has a nice automatic update feature for your apps. Other than that it's the same.
    swc2001 likes this.
  20. Cjohn8792

I am still getting these updates, any way I can find out what is trying to update. I am now running velocity.4 and I'm pretty sure I have every update thus far without the froyo updates. still on 2.1-1. It's sucking my battery down because it keeps downloading these files in the background, anyway I can block it from happening or find out which app it is so I can do something with it? I do not use apps to SD
  21. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Actually i noticed while downloading app updates. When the app is downloading the update i would pull the notification bar down. And it would say /cache/downloadfile or downloadfile-4(i think).apk as the app was downloading. That makes me wonder if thats just the update of an app siting in cache.
  22. Cjohn8792

Its obvious that its an app trying to update as I stated. I need to know which app so I can stop it.
  23. DoctorZaius68

DoctorZaius68 Well-Known Member

Try going into Market and then look at your downloads and see which one is updating.
  24. Cjohn8792

Doesn't work. I don't use automatic updates so nothing should be trying to update. And nothing in. The market shows anupdate. I am going to break my phone today. This is uber crap. Battery dies in 6 hours
  25. Cjohn8792

I uninstalled switchpro widget and haven't had an update yet. Its been like 3 hours now.