Downloading Android Apps via computer

1. MacPointMan

MacPointMan New Member

Here is an issue that I have. I am stationed overseas and do not have access to the T-Mobile network and can not connect to a good wifi connection with my phone here.

I need or would like to download a few apps for my phone and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to download them via a PC and then transferr them to the phones SD card and then install them that way.

Thank you

MacPointMan

Advertisement
  2. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

There is legit ways to download them on the PC..by going to the developers site. You will need a package installer or some file managers do (astro file manager).
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Also see this post, there are many (perfectly legal) ways to get apk files onto your phone without using the Market.
  4. MacPointMan

MacPointMan New Member

Thank you guys.

Given that I do not have a File manager installed on my G1 how do I get Astro installed on it. This is my issue. Maybe Google should include a file manager in the Operating system.

Thanks

MacPointMan
  5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

I don't think you need a file manager if you just download the software apk directly onto the phone by going to the download location using the browser.

Whenever i've downloaded directly from the web onto the phone, i just wait for the download to complete and then tap the item in the notifcation bar and it installs for me. You do have to have the box checked to allow unknown sources, but it should prompt you to check that box when you try to install the app.
  6. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Try this:

Android Software