• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading Apps from Web pages

Good day.I have tried to download apps from webpages but they go into my HDV folder where my movies have been downloaded to and then I cannot open them because they are not movies.Other apps I download from Google shop have no problem.Unfortunately android do not give you an option of a folder to download to.I suppose if I uninstall the HDV folder it would solve the problem,but then I would lose my movies.Any advise would be appreciated. JAH

#1-Be very careful about downloading apps outside of Google play. It may be an easy way to get malware.
2-My downloaded files on chrome go to downloads. But I don't see what difference directory makes...you should be able to navigate to any folder to install it using file manager like solid explorer. Or if location makes a difference for some reason I'm not aware of, then you can move the file wherever want using file manager app prior to installing.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones