Downloading AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. arouse_123

arouse_123 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, been having problems downloading apps for a while now, used to work fine then one day kept getting stuck on the starting download progress bar....BUT.... I read all sorts of fixes about changing gmail logins etc. I couldn't even remember mine so I set up a new one. Still had no effect on the download till I clicked on the google talk app and it logged my in and all my apps started downloading!!! Success!! Anyone have any idea why this would be? The google talk looks like it crashes and chucks me straight out again everytime but it works for kick staring the downloads. Should it be keeping me signed in and it's not, any help would be appreciated to understanding how this works.

Adam

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I have NO idea why google talk would be effecting your downloads, doesn't make sense to me.. Have you tried to reboot your phone? You may be running short on internal memory (That is where they all get stored in 1.6), if so that would explain it. Also check your RAM and see if that is low, another thing that would cause it... Reboot first and see if that does it. You hold down the power button until it prompts you to shut the phone off, then click OK. after it shuts off, press and hold the power button down until you feel a small vibratiion, signifying the phone is rebooting..

Good Luck!

arouse_123 likes this.
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

There is something weird going on with the Market app at the moment and it seems that the way to fix it is to delete/uninstall market updates. Apparently you can do this by the Applications>Manage Applciations and find Market and Market Updater and hope that it gives you the uninstall updates option.

I can't give you more information than that, cos my phone doesn't have this option on it but I also am not having market problems.... coincidence?!? There is another thread by goku17 about at the moment on the same thing http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/197437-problems-downloading-market.html

Hope it helps!

arouse_123 likes this.
  4. arouse_123

arouse_123 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all your help guys, I backed everything up and did a factory reset and re-installed everything and all seems to be working fine now, downloads first time every time without the need to use google talk. Not sure what happened something related to the market login.