downloading bbc programmes to phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. greatsnoring

greatsnoring Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to download bbc tv programmes onto my desire (Froyo). I have downloaded the Adobe Flash 10.1 app. I can find the BBc Iplayer (Mobile) website should I be able to download programmes when I am at home via Wifi to watch later when i don't have access to wifi, or is this going to be too complicated for somebody with limited technical ability?

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the mobile version of the bbc iplayer website but there is definitely a download option on the full website.

greatsnoring likes this.
  3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

greatsnoring likes this.
  4. greatsnoring

I couldn't find how to download from my player either (i didn't have adobe flash then though so will try again now I have it) many thanks

5. greatsnoring

Many thanks for the replies. Have worked it out now! For fellow idiots out there find adobe flash in apps market, download this. Then download MyPlayer. go into myplayer and then you can either download straight to your phone or stream it to your phone if you have a wifi connection. Myplayer doesn't seem to download unless you have adobe flash on your phone.

6. dwattsy21

dwattsy21 Member

I've tried what you have said and still having no luck with my desire HD?? Any more help?

7. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

The BBC in its infinite public broadcasting wisdom issued a cease and desist against Myplayer forcing the developer to remove all iPlayer options.

Of course Auntie hasn't spent a penny of our hard earned licence fee on a replacement but simply continues with its Apple love in.

8. nalysale

nalysale Member

hi all....

If you are inside in UK you can use mobile application to download BBC iplayer channels via wi-fi.As BBC iPlayer is only available on mobile phones within the UK.you can access programmes depends on your phone and network. Programmes can played through a wi-fi connection and, for 3 UK or Vodafone customers over a 3G network.