Downloading cdsGeneral

1. Parshooter

Parshooter Well-Known Member

I've downloaded a cd onto my computer. I tried to sync it to my phone but the computer didn't recognize my phone as a device. Is it possible to download directly from my computer to my phone (this wouldn't work with Amazon Cloud either) TIA :cool:

Advertisement
  2. tisigornorich

tisigornorich Active Member

What are you using to sync? (program?)
  3. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

I just stick my micro-SD card into my laptop and move any ripped music I want over to the music folder on the card.
  4. Parshooter

5. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

There are a few sync programs, but they don't cloud sync like dropbox or amazon cloud drive do. Why not just use a wifi file transfer program to move it when you're at home? WiFi transfer poo has the fastest data rate of the apps I've used.
  6. Parshooter

Well I got the cds on Dropbox, just not sure the sound quality is going to be as good as if it was downloaded onto the sd card on my phone.
    So, Mr B, are you saying I need an app for the sync process? Wifi Transfer poo didn't come up with anything useful :eek::D
  7. tisigornorich

Depending on how you ripped them (I haven't used WMP in a long time) you should just be able to find the directory, grab the files and place them on your SD card. That's how I would say is the easiest.
  8. Parshooter

That would be the best way, but I can't get my phone to be recognized by Windows to sync it. I could do it via a card reader, but don't have one. Think I'll be ok with Dropbox for now. Thanks for all the suggestions :cool:
  9. Parshooter

OK, so what I did was rip the cd to the WMP, as an MP3, then I could download it to the Amazon Cloud. :cool:
  10. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

You can upload to amazon music and then use the amazon music app. Pretty simple.
  11. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

I don't get why you can't hook your phone up as mass storage to your pc and then drag and drop.
  12. Parshooter

Yes, I don't understand why I can't either. I followed the directions in WMP but it just wouldn't connect. No biggie, it's working now.
  13. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I've found I have to sometimes select mass storage again, even after the phone is hooked up to the pc. It's weird.
  14. tisigornorich

The method they are referring to doesn't use WMP. You would open your phone like a flash drive on your computer and drag the actual music file onto the SD card. Then when you open your music app it will search for music files and display them
  15. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Not to mention it's usually a good idea to use a different method of ripping CDs, like freeware options like FreeRip. WMP encodes files all wonky and doesn't use LAME encoding.