Downloading Do not turn off targetSupport

Last Updated:

1. gaugerer

gaugerer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I awoke in the middle of the night and tried to power on my Tab in the dark and to my surprise I got a screen with an android digging inside a triangle with the message "Downloading Do not turn off target!!!"

I waited to see if anything happened and meanwhile I Googled for help on my Laptop and found many suggestions including: removing the battery (not easy), connecting to the PC and using Kies, ringing Samsung for help, returning the Tab to dealer because it was bricked etc.

Eventually, on Xdata I found the answer which was to hold down the power button for 10 seconds which cleared the downloading message and allowed me to power on normally.

I think I may have accidentally pressed the volume and power on buttons at the same time which produced the downloading screen. I thought I would share my experience to help others with the same problem.

Advertisement
    Dastardley, jill71 and sansy34 like this.
  2. mahoho

mahoho New Member

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1-that worked for me. I did the same thing power and volume. Held power for 10 second, and restart.

Thanks for sharing.

3. hank84

hank84 New Member

Thanks. That help. Your explanation was simple. You described what you think you did (And yep I believe I hit volume and power at the same time as well).

The best is it worked.

4. Dastardley

Dastardley Member

Thanks gaugerer, I had a similar problem and thought my phone was knacked....took your advice, held the button down for ten seconds and now i'm good to go...thanks!