Downloading .doc files from gmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does this piece of crap not have the option to download .doc or .docx attachments? With my Incredible I can click the attachment and it downloads it automatically. This thing tries to open it instead of download it. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisement
  2. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Yes. You can use the Blackmoon Attachsave app. It allows me to save any attachment in gmail. Highly recommend! Using it on my Galaxy S.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I just sent myself a .doc file to my gmail. I tapped the preview button, it opens documents to go, and I saved it to the phone.
    The D2 comes with Quick office, but since it didn't allow me to edit it, I removed it and installed docs to go instead.
    I have to assume you can save it with quick office though.

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Ya never noticed that about ThinkFree Office (default office app) . It loads it as a preview and then gives you the option to save. lol
    The nice about the Blackmoon app is it will save any attachment besides a doc, pdf, xls etc...

5. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

So does Docs to go.
    I think the only file I can't save from gmail is an mp3. In which case I just use the other email app.

6. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

These files get sent from a website or something cuz clicking it opens a web page with a bunch of garbage nonsense symbols. But my inc downloads the file instead of trying to open it.