Downloading MP3'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. trench

trench Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering how I can download MP3's files... I don't want to know how to use Amazon or some other MP3 store, I just want to download and MP3 off the net from my browser. Like if someone placed and MP3 file on sendspace or another file storage area.

I tried to do it yesterday, but I got an error saying my phone doesn't support that file type or somthing. But I have the same kind of MP3's on my phone already from transferring them from my computer. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Someone else asked about downloading files earlier. The short answer is to use the "steel" browser in the android market. The default browser won't let you download many (any?) files.

3. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I agree, use the steel browser to download files to your SD card. They will be stored in a directory called steel/downloads

4. elitexv

elitexv Member

This is what I do.
    1. Plug the G1 into your computer via USB
    2. Look at the notifications on your phone and chose to mount your G1
    3. Go to my computer and find your phone(should be a removable disk)
    4. Make a folder called music
    5. Copy and paste your files into the music folder
    Enjoy.

5. hotdawwgman

hotdawwgman Member

yeah.. thats what i do!

6. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I use window media player to sync up my music. Once you are plugged in and mounted, open WM Player and click the sync tab at the top and you should see the G1 as a device and you can drag and drop the music back and forth between phone and pc then hit the sync tab at the bottom. Files transfer pretty quick over usb 2.0 I can do my entire library in about 20 min and add a new album in about 2 min.

7. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

I have flirted with using media players sync function, and it works well enough, but I find it to be faster to just drag and drop. Using the WMP sync, you still have to select the files to sync. It just seemed like several extra steps to accomplish the same tasks as a simple drag and drop.

I guess this might be simpler if your entire music collection fit on the SD card, but thats not the case for me.