downloading music..Support

Last Updated:

1. Lauri63

Lauri63 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought Samsung Captivate...Love it! BUT< trying to download music from my windows media player and when I plug usb into back of computer then into my phone, my computer is not recognizing phone to sync with....says "found new hardware" but cannot find way to install phone. The phone recognizes being connected..but can't get computer to sync with phone?? Anyone?? (BTW, 1st time smartphone user..lol)

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

you can use doubletwist to sync from what ive heard, i never used it. heres what i do

go to settings > applications > usb settings > click mass storage.

then when you plug your phone into your computer you should see a message in your notification bar, pull it down and click mount. then you can transfer music to it just like a flash drive or whatever, just drag and drop it

3. Lauri63

Lauri63 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, did all that...computer still does not recognize device to sync to.

4. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

yea my method doesnt sync. you need to open to go to computer and open the name that it gives your phone, mine is usually F:, you open it just like you would a flash drive and you have to drag and drop the music onto your phone.

if you want it to sync you have to goto the market and search for doubletwist, there will be an app called music and the publisher is double twist. then you have to install doubletwist on your computer and it syncs somehow. supposed to be pretty easy but i havent used it

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The Captivate FAQ has lots of useful info on this:

Media - CapFAQ