Downloading .PES filesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im trying to download a .PES file onto a friends LG Ally. A .PES file is an embroidery pattern file. When you go to download it from the website, it says the file is not supported so it wont download. Im not trying to open the file, I just want to download it to the SD so that when my friends at her computer, she can x-fer the file to her computer. Ive already checked to allow dl of 3rd party apps, but this isnt really an app. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

I have had this problem with downloading roms/themes from my phone, since I have a strict proxy at work I cannot use the internet to d/l most things, so I use my phone.
    The problem is not the phone itself but rather the default browser. I fixed it myself by downloading dolphin browser. Dolphin allows you to d/l ANY type of file from your phone and will autosave to /sdcard/download/ there are a myriad of other browsers to use, I have heard good things about skyfire for instance and opera mini. But the only one I have tested working for this issue is dolphin

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Yeah, Google had some concerns about security so they implemented rules where if its not an android extension it cant be downloaded you'll need a 3rd party browser to be able to download anything

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Perfect thank you.