Downloading phonebook for UConnectSupport

Last Updated:

1. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use my phone in my car a lot and I noticed on this phone when I paired it to the blue tooth in my car I can make and receive calls but it does not recognize the address book from my phone. I have to dial the phone. I have a UConnect blue tooth car kit and I have never had a problem with other phones. Any one else have any issues?

Advertisement
  2. jreese33

jreese33 New Member

I'm guessing you drive a Dodge. Just like I do. Seeing as the phone has only been out for a couple of days, give us all some time to figure that out, LOL.

I have mine synced up to my uconnect as well. I have not tried to call via the uconnect button anyway, so I don't know if it downloads our address book or not. Time will tell. Maybe even a system update, either uconnect or android.

Good luck.

3. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually I drive a Jeep. The funny thing was I have never had this issue with other phones including the Nexus when it first came out.

4. dwrichards

dwrichards New Member

Any update on this? I have a 2009 Dodge Ram that worked with other android and HTC phones without a problem. I have gone as far as deleting all profiles from the radio with no luck.

5. EaglePress1

EaglePress1 Member

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram also, and I successfully connected for about the first 2-3 days. Now it just flashes "bluetooth handset disconnected" . I had my wifes Moment connected with no problem at all. Any help is appreciated.

6. armandov99

armandov99 Well-Known Member

I have UConnect in a Jeep as well, it works fine for me. It connects when I start her up and does not disconnect, and I've been calling a bunch with no problems. It downloads the phonebook just fine, I see the download icon come on. I am not 100% sure I can dial by voice, though. But I believe if the phonebook downloads it should work just fine, I can confirm today.

Mine is an RER radio (theres a model code in the lower right corner) and it's the one with MyGig and Navigation. No problems using the EVO with it...

7. EaglePress1

EaglePress1 Member

I just read in another forum about a possible fix. It has to do with right after connecting/pairing successfully there is a quick pop up about "always trust this connection" and you must check this before it dissappears.
    I am pretty sure I did this once, and again early on the Evo would work in the car, but eventually stopped.
    I had to go into applications/running processes, and I stopped anything I could see was related to bluetooth. I then was able to finally "unpair" the uconnect, and start fresh. After doing this, the box popped up and I was able to select "trust this" or connect automatically whatever it says, and I tried it 3 times successfully.
    You cannot get the option in the quick popup unless you are connecting this device the first time. If it is not checked, my guess is it just disconnects after every attempt.
    The weird thing is it still says in the advanced screen "paired but not connected" but if you look at the home screen at the bluetooth icon you can see the arrow's on both sides of the icon. Hope this helps.

8. tatu77

tatu77 New Member

I have a similar situation, and started another thread concerning the Uconnect and google nav issue...Phone book does download, and calls go in/out just fine...but the voice over speakers for the google nav is hit or miss...sometimes it will play, others nav audio on only out of phone...would like to figure out how to get the nav to work and use pandora in the truck...

9. mthompson18593

mthompson18593 New Member

I have a 2009 Ram 2500 with uConnect that worked fine with 4 previous phones, but would not access the phone book on my new Droid 2 (android 2.2). Finally fixed it.

The next time you connect to the uConnect, watch the banner at the top of the phone. You should see that there is a phone book access request. Just pull the banner down and click the warning to allow phone book access.

Klementz likes this.
  10. **foxfire**

**foxfire** New Member

I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 it came with a nav radio system RB1. In 2007 I purchased and had installed at the dealer the UCONNECT. I had a palm treo and it worked. I then got a palm pre and it did not work. I then got a palm treo pro windows 7 and it works. I want to get the HTC evo. Since this is not an "original" UCONNECT install, does anyone know for sure due to the not original install and the year it was installed, will this phone work with my UCONNECT? Can you go to the dealer and get UCONNECT upgrades? Help please thank you

11. DRBlais

DRBlais New Member

FWIW, I believe that this is an Android 2.2 issue. I had a HTC 2.1 phone connected for a month with zero issues. Phone sustained massive injury and needed to be replaced. The replacement was updated with 2.2 and i have had issues since. A hard reset fixed it for a few days, but its a pita. I was told by tech that the 2.2 was overlayed onto 2.1 and that was the issue and a swipe of the phone would fix it. i thought it was an HTC issue so I just got my Samsung Galaxy today and same crap. My girlfriend still has her 2.1 HTC and works great with the Uconnect. Looking for solutions, but have found zip

12. xsdbs

xsdbs Member

I see some people asking "why does my phone work fine in my older car but not in my new car". The reason for this is that as a for instance in 2009 the blue tooth features were less than now. They didn't do phone book down load, streaming audio or support text messages thru blue ntooth. (yes your phone could text but it did not support sending the text thru BT to the car for the radio to read to you). The new vehicles support a lot more features and those features have to be sent to the car kit in a supported fashion. If not then things won't work. The issue is that Blue Tooth is not tightly regulated and some companies play just outside the box and don't send the information in the supported order. Until BT is tighter regulated then they will continue to have problems. Unfortunately.
    OH, not to mention how much of a P*** off it is to have a phone working great and the phone company tells you there is a new, way cool update coming. You do the update only to have your working phone start sucking and you are told that you can't go back to the SW verssion that was working. You'll have to wait for the next update.

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. Klementz

Klementz New Member

This worked for me. There was also an option on the notice to "always allow" the access.

Thanks!