Downloading pictures off phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I took a few pictures before noticing that the camera wasn't saving them to the SD card and was instead saving them to the phone's memory. How can I download those pictures to my computer? I see the SD card when I connect the phone to the laptop but not the phone's internal memory.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I would just e-mail them to yourself if you're having trouble.

3. IOwnGoogle

IOwnGoogle Active Member

I don't know for sure, but I think in recent versions of Android you can send them through Bluetooth (I remember seeing the function in the Desire anyway).

4. Twiz

I don't anything else that is bluetooth. I ended up emailing them but you would think there was someway to quickly transfer data from the phone's memory.

5. IOwnGoogle

IOwnGoogle Active Member

Your laptop should have Bluetooth, shouldn't it? AFAIK, any laptop from the past few years does, even my cheap netbook.

6. Twiz

It doesn't have bluetooth. Now you have me wanting to buy another laptop!

7. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

You should see two removable storage volumes when you connect your DINC to your pc. One is the internal memory and the other is your sd. The pics on internal are in a folder called DCIM>100Media copy and move them to where you want them.

EDIT: Make sure you select "connect as a disk drive" when you plug your device in.

TnFlapjack likes this.
  8. Skytown

Skytown Active Member

If you are concerned about getting the pictures to save to the SD card you can go into the camera application and pull out the options tab. At the bottom there is setting and in settings there is a storage option. Use it to change from phone storage to SD storage.

9. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

I'm having this problem as well. My Incredible serves as the I: drive when I plug it in and mount it as a drive. I go in the dcim folder and only have a thumbnails folder in there with a bunch of raw files. My camera was apparently set for phone storage all this time and I don't feel like emailing all these pics/vids to myself if I don't have to. How do I access this storage?

10. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

Problem solved. Used Astro to navigate to phone memory. Select All. Copy. Went to SD memory. Paste. Thx anyway.

GoldenBoyTX likes this.