• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading purchased music from Rhapsody

Jer39

Jul 6, 2012
Is there any way to download music purchased from Rhapsody to the music player on the phone? With my old SGS1 (Fascinate), if I purchased a song then it would download into the music player, so that I could then turn it into a ringtone. But I can't figure out how to do this on the new one.

Is there any way to download music purchased from Rhapsody to the music player on the phone? With my old SGS1 (Fascinate), if I purchased a song then it would download into the music player, so that I could then turn it into a ringtone. But I can't figure out how to do this on the new one.

I am not 100% sure so don't quote me, but I believe that now you only lease the right to listen to that music as long as you pay the monthly charge to Rhapsody, and as soon as you cancel that subscription that music is no longer available to you. If that is the case, that would explain why they don't allow the downloads to be put on your personal music player anymore. I really hope I am wrong though.

Upvote 0
I am not 100% sure so don't quote me, but I believe that now you only lease the right to listen to that music as long as you pay the monthly charge to Rhapsody, and as soon as you cancel that subscription that music is no longer available to you. If that is the case, that would explain why they don't allow the downloads to be put on your personal music player anymore. I really hope I am wrong though.

You are both right and wrong. When you subscribe to Rhapsody you are essentially renting the music on a month-to-month basis, and can download the music to your phone for offline playing, but it's coded so that if you don't re-up your subscription, the music stops playing after a month. That said, in addition to the monthly subscription you can also purchase individual tracks or albums. Doing that should give you unfettered access to the purchased track even if the subscription ends. I just can't seem to figure out how to get that purchased track to play anywhere but Rhapsody (which only confuses me b/c the Galaxy S1 allowed me to do it).

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones