• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading the update now

I just checked for updates and the new one was out there, it's taking forever to download!
I'm really hoping it takes care of the camera/focusing/shooting as promised.

Edit: It just finished downloading. Took slightly over and hour and a half to download...it's installing now. I can't believe it took that long!!!

Edit Edit: OMG. The camera is worse!! Get the green lock faster but it's not in focus and the images are washed out now! The camera exited out and then could not be initialized once. I was just snapping another pic and the phone is rebooting!!!! SOB.

I just checked for updates and the new one was out there, it's taking forever to download!
I'm really hoping it takes care of the camera/focusing/shooting as promised.

Edit: It just finished downloading. Took slightly over and hour and a half to download...it's installing now. I can't believe it took that long!!!

Edit Edit: OMG. The camera is worse!! Get the green lock faster but it's not in focus and the images are washed out now! The camera exited out and then could not be initialized once. I was just snapping another pic and the phone is rebooting!!!! SOB.

Try this:

from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Tap the "All" tab at the top, and then find "Camera" and tap it. From inside, tap "clear data". See if that helps.

That said, I have been using the app ProCapture, thanks to a recommendation from RedSox985, and I think it's a great replacement for shooting photos (and also supports the use of the volume buttons as a shutter button.)

Reactions: Shurple
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones