Downloading video (.avi) filesSupport

Last Updated:

1. slick_vick

slick_vick Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, noob here.

I've tried to download 2 different .avi files, and I get "cannot download. the content is not supported on this phone".

eh? SF is supposed to be able to play .avi, correct? anyone know what the deal could be?

:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jrankiniii

jrankiniii New Member

as near as I can tell the Fascinate doesn't support .avi files it will however play xvid. and mpeg4.

if you want to watch .avi video files you'll need another video player. in the market there is rockplayer and arcmedia.

Hope that helps.

3. slick_vick

slick_vick Member This Topic's Starter

i guess it doesn't support .avi then. strange! i downloaded rockplayer and can download avis now. thanks much!

4. dhruv_chawla11

dhruv_chawla11 New Member

Sorry for opening this thread again, but I need some help from you. I downloaded rockplayer, but I still can't download .avi files on my vibrant. Do I have to change any settings or follow any instructions? Could someone please help?

Thank you.

5. madjpey

madjpey Well-Known Member

6. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Well-Known Member

You have to use either madjpey's suggestions, or you can use WinFF to convert AVI's into another format.

I like WinFF because it's open sourced, and it has "Device Profiles", so it knows what formats will work on the device. I've been using it since my Archos 404.