• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloads to Notification Ring Tone List

For starters:-

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/5349-help-us-help-you-your-problem.html
I don't know what phone your using, this information wil help alot

Secondly, now this is merely an assumption. I have the HTC Hero, now to add your own ringtones/message tones you only need to do a few things.

- create a folder in your SD card/internal memory called 'audio'
- in the audio folder add a 'ringtones' folder, a 'notifications' folder and an 'alarms' folder
- put mp3s for ringtones in the 'ringtones' folder, mp3s for notifications in the 'notifications' folder and mp3s for alarms in the 'alarms' folder
- restart your phone
- your tones should appear in the phone default menu's of ringtones, notifications and alarms
- any time you add new tones remember to restart the phone

Remember to keep the case on the folders as printed here. This is a long shot but my belief is that this ringtone trick runs across the android platform. Please try it and post or PM your results regardless of sucess or not.

Upvote 0
For starters:-

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/5349-help-us-help-you-your-problem.html
I don't know what phone your using, this information wil help alot

Secondly, now this is merely an assumption. I have the HTC Hero, now to add your own ringtones/message tones you only need to do a few things.

- create a folder in your SD card/internal memory called 'audio'
- in the audio folder add a 'ringtones' folder, a 'notifications' folder and an 'alarms' folder
- put mp3s for ringtones in the 'ringtones' folder, mp3s for notifications in the 'notifications' folder and mp3s for alarms in the 'alarms' folder
- restart your phone
- your tones should appear in the phone default menu's of ringtones, notifications and alarms
- any time you add new tones remember to restart the phone

Remember to keep the case on the folders as printed here. This is a long shot but my belief is that this ringtone trick runs across the android platform. Please try it and post PM your results regardless of sucess or not.

Thanks. It's my bad I didn't mention the phone is a Droid. I appreciate the help and will print and attempt to follow the instructions you listed....if you think it applies to Droid.

JR

Upvote 0
Messages and E-Mails can be assigned to different tones, this is the best way to sort them:-

E-mails

- Open e-mail or gmail application. You may have to do these steps for both applications.
- In the message list, press menu
- Go into account settings
- Scroll down to Select Ringtone
- Pick your tone (Be sure you are actually checking the box instead of just previewing the tone)
- Repeat for your other e-mail application

- Go into messages
- Press menu hardware key
- Into Settings (lol de-ja-vu anyone?).
- Then notifications.
- Set it there and your good to go. (and again, be sure you are actually checking the box instead of just previewing the tone)

Seems the best way to set tones is from within the application itself.

There ya go all done!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones