• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

downloads?

snowmule

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I have an Evo and have no right to have it! I don't understand anything about It , only how to answer it! I lost my charger when I was in the hospital and want to know how to download a book. Can I use the car charger, or do I need to buy and new wall charger ? Help me, PLEASE! I don't even understand the direction book! I am 60 years old and have never been entered into the "high- tech world. Am I too old to start learning?

Welcome to the Android Forums!

It's not that difficult to use the phone... you'll do just fine! And 60 is not too old to learn. I'm 50 and I know others here older than me.

I'd recommend getting a new wall charger if only bewcause it's somewhat risky to leave your phone in a car to charge. As for downloading a book, go into the App Drawer and look to see if an e-book application is already installed on your phone. If not then go to the Android Market and download one. Two of the more mainstream are Amazon.com's Kindle app and Barnes and Noble's Nook app. You can then setup an account on the respective site, select the book you want, pay for it, and download it to the phone.

How to read books using Kindle for Android - Tutorials - butterscotch
How to use the Internet and technology using video tutorials and shows - butterscotch-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones